THE ASSIGNMENT BELOW IS
MEANT FOR TENTH GRADERS.
THE TEXT WAS TAKEN FROM CNN. THE STUDENTS HAVE THE OPTION OF USING THE PROGRAM "BABYLON" TO HELP THEM WITH UNFAMILIAR VOCABULARY. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, YOU CAN SEE THE
ANSWERS OF ONE OF MY STUDENTS.
This is your assignment.
2. Why is ITN mentioned in the passage?
3. What time and date can Israelis hear this broadcast?
4. What has happened to the Queen
since Princess Diana's death? Explain
© 1997 Cable News Network, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
BELOW ARE THE ANSWERS I GOT BACK FROM ONE OF
HE SENT THEM TO MY ROCKETMAIL ACCOUNT FROM HIS ROCKETMAIL ACCOUNT.
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 23:33:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Nadav Ashkenazy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Queen Elizabeth assignment
1) People can hear Queen Elizabeth's Christmas
broadcast on radio, television, on the British
monarchy's Web site (www.roytal.gov.uk) and on the
ITN web site also.
2) ITN (Indipendent Television New) is mentioned in
the passage because the British monarchy's web site
will be linked to ITN Web site (www.itn.co.uk) so
users can access the audiovisual version of the
3) Israelis can hear that broadcast on Christmas day
on 10:00 AM.
4) Queen Elizabeth, after prinsess Diana's death,
wants to update the British monarchy and build
closer, less formal ties with her people.
I will send the article at some other time, since I
don't have enough time right now.
previous assignment back to alisa's home page